Need to Resize Photos for Facebook?
Own Photoshop? Here's Your Answer!
Own a copy of Adobe Photoshop and looking for time-saving ways to resize photos for Facebook?
You've come to the right place, as I have the perfect solution waiting for you at the end of this page.
Here, I will show you examples of my two Photoshop Actions, the Facebook Enhanced and Special Editions, giving you a detailed description of their capabilities...
This page is a continuation of the brief description in
The Downloads Collection
where you can also download these and other Photoshop Actions ready to use within moments.
You will find my
helpful if you need to familiarise yourself with how to load and use Photoshop Actions.
So, let's move on to see how sweetly these Actions resize photos for Facebook...
An Aside: Strictly speaking, bear in mind that the images aren't being resized, they are are being
Consider this Action as your Master Action to resize photos for Facebook.
Why Facebook Enhanced?
Well, with the click of a button, this Action automatically carries out the following to optimise and enhance your images perfectly:
- Duplicates your file so as not to harm the original;
- Fits your photographs neatly within a 720x500 pixel framework at 72ppi (the width will not exceed 720px and the height will not exceed 500px);
- Applies a gentle amount of sharpening, just enough to make your image pop on Facebook;
- Provides helpful notes from me along the way (you can turn these on or off simply by ticking/unticking them in the left column of the Actions Palette);
- Resamples your photographs correctly whether they are portrait, landscape or square format images!
Take a look at this shot of some buildings in Cologne, Germany:
The image looks fine in isolation but now, here it is after running my Facebook Enhanced Action:
The detail now pops nicely from the screen when compared to the untreated version, above.
The window frames are lovely and crisp, the image now has more depth and it has come alive!
NOTE: The examples on this page, at 450px across, are smaller than the requirements of Facebook. Your Action will, of course, result in a larger final image.
Perhaps you'd like to take things further and give your photographs a little something extra?
Introducing the Special Edition of my Action...
When run, you'll find:
- This Action really goes to town on giving your photographs that certain je ne sais quoi;
- It carries all the features of the Enhanced Edition but you'll be amazed at the extra depth and 3D qualities this Special version provides!
Here's an example for you of how this Special Edition version will resize your photos for Facebook in a snap.
Resampled in a conventional manner, this photograph of a bridge in New Zealand hasn't benefited from any optimisation techniques at all:
As before, it looks fine in isolation but now take a look at it after running the Special Edition of my Action:
At the click of a button, the Action runs and the image springs to life!
It instantly has so much more body, along with a fantastic 3D quality and that je ne sais quoi I mentioned earlier.
Take a look at the texture in the trees and the rocks...
...and then the sharpness of the bridge.
Quite a difference and all in moments at the click of a button!
Scroll down the page if you'd like to see further examples, or simply click here.
Download These Actions Within Moments!
Purchasing Actions on this site is secure, swift and straight forward — you can download them within moments:
- Payment takes place securely at PayPal. You do NOT need a PayPal account — follow the link to pay by card;
- The amount will be converted to your local currency at the end of the checkout process, before you commit to paying;
- After successful payment, you will have immediate access to your Photoshop Action(s) to resize photos for Facebook;
- Fully Guaranteed: If you are less than delighted with your purchase, let me know within 60 days and I will refund your money in full.
Simply click on the ADD TO CART button and follow the steps to complete the transaction through PayPal.
Once you have successfully made your payment, you will be directed to a secure page to download your purchase.
Use these Actions and you will certainly set your images apart from others on Facebook!
- Choose the one you prefer for $1...
- ...or buy them together for just $1.50!
Enhanced Edition for $1
[Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS2, CS3, CS4, & CS5]
Special Edition for $1
[Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4, & CS5]
Both Editions for $1.50
[Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4, & CS5]
Remember, although payment takes place securely at PayPal,
you do NOT need a PayPal account — follow the appropriate link at PayPal to pay as a guest by card.
Here's a handsome gannet, captured by
Reed Ingram Weir
and resampled using the Enhanced Action:
Now, the same image using the Special Edition.
In particular, note the wonderful improvement to the texture of the bird's plumage and how the gannet seems to almost jump out of the screen!
The side-by-side examples for you once more (these are actual-size crops after running the Actions I've described on how to resize photos for Facebook):
Return from Resize Photos for Facebook to Actions